The Jefferson County ReCyclery, a non-profit community cycling center, is seeking an outstanding bike mechanic. Please take some time to check out our website (ptrecyclery.org) and if you can, visit the shop to learn more about what we do.
Position Summary: Mechanic & Shop Assistant
This is a part time mechanic position which involves making repairs to customer bikes, retail service, and educating the public on how to repair their own bikes. Interpersonal skills, and mechanical expertise are equally important. The MSA receives support and direction from: The Lead Mechanic, Shop Manager, Program Director, and the Board to fulfill their responsibilities, support shop operations and help achieve the organization’s goals.
- Have strong mechanical and diagnostic skills centered around working on bicycles of all makes and conditions - at least one year of working in a bike shop environment and/or mechanic certification preferred.
- Value building community through our shop, and be able to serve a diverse customer base.
- Work flexible hours averaging 20hrs/week or 3 shop days in the slow season and 30 hrs/week or 5 shop days in the summer.
- Be available to work Community Shop days (every Friday and Saturday noon to six).
- Support daily Bike Shop operations with guidance from the Shop Manager and Lead Mechanic.
- Perform repairs, maintenance, and walk-in services on customer bicycles of all types and conditions.
- Communicates, diagnoses and estimates clearly and thoroughly with customers and then deliver professional level repairs within budget restraints.
- Deliver professional, accessible, and helpful customer service.
- Recondition and overhaul used bicycles of all types and conditions for resale.
- Assist with facilitating volunteers and the public during community shop days.
- Advance development and improvement of shop systems to streamline daily operations.
- Represent The ReCyclery to the neighborhood & act as a resource for the community.
Salary & Benefits:
$13.00 per hour starting 6/15/18 (possibly sooner), then $15.00 per hour after a 2 month probationary period and evaluation. Benefits include Paid time off, sick leave, potential for paid leave for training, and Industry discounts on new and used bicycle parts.
Please send resume and a cover letter to email@example.com