25 volunteer hours on Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays
A dependable bike and the knowledge, skills, and resources to maintain it are earned upon completion of the Program
Examples of Tasks and duties:
- Organizing used parts
- Disassembling used bikes
- Basic bike maintenance (after training – no prior experience necessary)
- Refurbishing Bikes
- Minor building, maintenance, organization
- Miscellaneous tasks
- Administrative tasks
- Volunteers must complete the 25 hours before they start building their own bike
- The bike is built with all used parts with the exception of cables/housing, tubes, brake pads and a chain (if a replacement is needed).
- If new parts are needed or preferred, a 25% discount will be applied to new essentials (ie: derailers, tires, grips) of your choice.
- If the bike or the hours are not completed within 6 months, the process will start over.
- Only one bike per person, per year, per 25 hours of volunteer service.
Fill out the form that is linked to below and we'll get back to you.